Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Three Months Ago.

After reading my girl Anne's post on the arrival of the adorable August McGrath (born 2 weeks after Felix's debut), I realized I've yet to write about this monumental moment in my little Lynch family.  So thanks, Annie, for the inspiration.

The task of putting it all down is daunting.  I've always been able to express myself in writing pretty easily... but this is one story I can't seem to capture the magnitude of with words alone.  I put together this little video for my family and have yet to share it online due to the extreme personal nature of this very special time.  But, as an artist and a proud mother, I have decided to put this intimate account on display for the whole world-wide-web to see.  In honor of Felix turning 3 months old today, here is the story of how he joined our family...



4 comments:

  1. this makes me so happy. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a joyous time! and captured beautifully! THanks for sharing the love! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome! Wow, a water birth... you are a tough gal!

    That is such a cute little snippet of his birth. It will mean a lot to him when he gets older, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryna - I wasn't able to birth in the water, unfortunately. As I was pushing... and pushing... and pushing in the water, my midwife suggested I get up and walk around. When I did, things started moving around and working their way out much better than when I was in the water. I finally decided to get in to bed for the last few pushes... about fifteen minutes later I had that beautiful boy in my arms. Even though I wasn't in the water, I was able to make it through the whole birth 100% naturally though. I am amazed at myself and am super proud that I made it through. I went in with the attitude of - whatever I need, I'll take, but I want to TRY natural. The water helped me out SO much and I was able to persevere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete