Monday, May 16, 2011

Inside the lines of an artsy mommy.


For Mother's Day this year, I wanted to give my mother something really special.  She deserves it...  we've continued to take over the majority of her living space, her free time, and (probably) her sanity.  However, my budget as a stay-at-home mom is super tight right now so the gift "from Felix" was the best kind of gift... homemade.  

Using love and Photoshop, I created a coloring book from pictures of Felix and some of our family members.  I bound it together with a plastic clip and some ribbon, coloring in the cover page and leaving the other two dozen or so blank for her to get creative on.  My mother is an amazing artist who works in all types of media, but sometimes it's fun to just get childish with a box of Crayolas and some silly cartoons.  

I also made Mother's Day cards from these images for my Grandmothers (Felix's Great-Grandmothers) and Terry's Mom.  

Here another one of my favorite images... 





1 comment: