Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Carly in the Kitchen: Key Lime Cupcakes

Helpful Hint:  Don't eat the lime.  Save it for a shot of tequila.
Recipe & What Not After the Jump...

Last week I found a site called "Ming Makes Cupcakes" just in time for my father's birthday.  I chose to make Ming's cupcake #32, the Key Lime Cupcake, because I think my Dad likes Key Lime Pie and because we went to the Florida Keys together when I was a kid and... well, they just looked damn tasty.

Results:  Sweet, with a bit of a sour tang.  I'd definitely make it again... but then I wouldn't have a chance to taste the other 30+ cupcake recipes the awesome site lists.  Next stop... Father's Day cupcakes for Terry. Which to choose, which to choose???

Cupcake Recipe, Courtesy of Ming Makes Cupcakes!


2 comments:

  1. This is TOO FUNNY! I am reading this as my Key Lime Pie Cupcakes cool to be iced!!! Although, my recipe is from www.cupcakeproject.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcakes are too much work. I like to make cake. One pour and you're golden.

    ReplyDelete