Friday, June 24, 2011

The New York State of Mind... is Finally OPEN!

Tonight, I witnessed history being made from the comfort of my own overstuffed arm chair.  I watched the New York State Senate say YES to Marriage Equality on the tube, while checking my laptop every few minutes for status updates from friends closer to the action - watching live at the Capitol.  Glass of wine in hand, sweats on, and baby sleeping peacefully on my lap.  I hugged Felix really tight after I heard the good news.  Because he was alive to "watch" history with his mommy and because the world he lives in will (hopefully) be a more open-minded and tolerant place.


Photo of The Empire State Building... gone gay!
(from Buzzfeed.com)

So... who needs a wedding planner?  You've got 30 days to plan if you want to get married on day one!  I'm up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment